2015 EOG Grants ~ Applications are now being accepted through December 31, 2014 for 2015 Educational Opportunity Grants that support woodturning education initiatives for individuals, chapters, and other woodturning-related associations. Grants may cover expenses such as tuition, registration, demonstrators' fees, travel, lodging, meals,etc. Learn more. Apply.
- Photos of turned holiday ornaments requested for publication in Nov. issue of Woodturning Fundamentals. Those whose work we publish will receive a copy of the book, Woodturning Today, A Dramatic Evolution. Email your photos (high res jpg) along with your name, size of work, materials used, and date made to email@example.com, deadline 10/10/2014.
- Demonstrators for AAW 2015 Symposium June 25-28, 2015 Pittsburgh, deadline 10/15/2014 ~ Apply.
- Hollowform: The Space Within, Cultural Arts Center, Columbus, OH, deadline October 18, 2014 ~ More information.
- Creativity in Construction: A Collaboration of Materials. AAW's 9th annual Professional Outreach Program exhibition, deadline January 12, 2015 ~ Learn more.
- Merging - 2015 AAW Member Exhibition. Open to all turning styles and media, deadline February 3, 2015 ~ Learn more.
- Student Woodturning Competition & Exhibition, deadline May 1, 2015 ~ Learn more.
Exhibition of contemporary sculpture in wood, Sept. 7 through Dec. 28, 2014 at the Gallery of Wood Art.
VIDEO: Carmen De La Paz talks about the sharing, creating, and empowerment that takes place in the woodturning community.
A Note of Thanks from Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
AAW received the following message via our website "Contact Us" form: "Hello. I received one of the donated wooden pens that were sent out and distributed here at Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan. Many Soldiers and civilians who are serving and supporting our country here also received them and needless to say, we all appreciated them. I just wanted to send back a word of thanks for taking the time and effort to have made, donated and sent these out. The pen that I received had a card with it that stated it was handcrafted by Steve Young and referenced Woodcraft and the Southwest Idaho Woodturners Association (Boise, ID). Thank you for your support, on behalf of myself and all of the other recipients here. Have a good day. Sincerely, Lawrence A. Olea" (9/22/2014)
Video: World Wood Day 2014
Washington, D.C. thanks to Mike Hou and the World Wood Foundation. (TRT 2:50) Watch. Learn more.
Members & Chapters in the News