AAW's 28th Annual Int'l Symposium ~ Thank You Volunteers!
Your gift of time is priceless and we are truly grateful. As a nonprofit organization, we rely very heavily on volunteers to make each symposium happen. You’ve helped make our 2014 annual symposium a tremendous success and have supported our mission to provide education, information, and organization to those interested in turning wood. We'd like to acknowledge our 250+ volunteers for their important contributions and hard work before, during, and after, our 2014 symposium in Phoenix. Learn more.
AAW's 28th Annual Int'l Symposium ~ Awards Snapshot
- Honorary Lifetime Member—Al Hockenbery
- POP Merit Award—Clay Foster
- POP Excellence Awards—Paul Hedman, Jay Shepard, Jennifer Shirley, Molly Winton, Lynne Yamaguchi
- Instant Gallery Youth Awards—Michael Anderson, Kailee Bosch
- Rising Exhibition—Master’s Award: Michael Foster, People’s Award: Hal Metlitsky
- Chapter Collaborative Challenge—Artistic: Arizona Woodturners, Technical: Association of Revolutionary Turners, Fantasy: Association of Revolutionary Turners, Best of Show: Arizona Woodturners
- Chapter Website Contest—First Place: Mid-South Woodturners/Mike Maffitt, Second Place: Massachusetts South Shore Woodturners/Eileen Walker, Third Place: Alaska Woodturners Association/Kristine Chase
- Chapter Newsletter Contest—First Place: Mid-South Woodturners/Mike Maffitt, Second Place: Central New York Woodturners/Barbara Raymond-LaPrease, Third Place: Woodturners of St. Louis/Charles W. Sapp
- Raffle Winners—Powermatic 3520 Lathe: Ken Northern, Phoenix, AZ; Jet 1221 Lathe: Paul Adams, Annapolis, MD
Call for Entries: Demonstrators for AAW 2015 Symposium
AAW's 29th international symposium will be held in Pittsburgh, PA, June 25-28, 2015. To be considered for a demonstrator role, prospective demonstrators may apply online by October 15, 2014. Apply.
Annual juried & invitational exhibition of contemporary sculpture in wood, Sept. 7 through Dec. 28, 2014 at the Gallery of Wood Art in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Exhibition works are for sale. View pieces and/or purchase exhibition works online.
FOX 10 KSAZ-TV reporter Gayle Jansen (pictured) tells the Phoenix viewing audience about woodturning. Next, she got a a quick turning lesson from Arizona Woodturners chapter president Jason Clark (pictured).
“We Turn as Family” Video by IWCS This video was taped at AAW's 2013 Symposium in Tampa by International Wood Culture Society (IWCS), a non-profit, non-governmental international network of wood enthusiasts, dedicated to the research, education and promotion of wood culture. (RT 22:23 minutes)