2015 EOG Grants ~ Applications are now being accepted through December 31, 2014 for 2015 Educational Opportunity Grants that support woodturning education initiatives for individuals, chapters, and other woodturning-related associations. Grants may cover expenses such as tuition, registration, demonstrators' fees, travel, lodging, meals,etc. Learn more. Apply.
- Creativity in Construction: A Collaboration of Materials. AAW's 9th annual Professional Outreach Program exhibition, deadline January 12, 2015 ~ Learn more.
- Merging - 2015 AAW Member Exhibition. Open to all turning styles and media, deadline February 3, 2015 ~ Learn more.
- Student Woodturning Competition & Exhibition, deadline May 1, 2015 ~ Learn more.
Members & Chapters in the News
Exhibition of contemporary sculpture in wood, Sept. 7 through Dec. 28, 2014 at the Gallery of Wood Art.
AAW Election Results
- October 20, 2014: On behalf of the Board of Directors of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW), I would like to announce the results of the election for the Board of Directors. Learn more. Results certification from auditor.
VIDEO: Carmen De La Paz
- Carmen De La Paz discusses the sharing, creating, and empowerment that takes place in the woodturning community (click video below to watch.)
A Note of Thanks from Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
- AAW received the following message via our website "Contact Us" form: "Hello. I received one of the donated wooden pens that were sent out and distributed here at Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan. Many Soldiers and civilians who are serving and supporting our country here also received them and needless to say, we all appreciated them. I just wanted to send back a word of thanks for taking the time and effort to have made, donated and sent these out. The pen that I received had a card with it that stated it was handcrafted by Steve Young and referenced Woodcraft and the Southwest Idaho Woodturners Association (Boise, ID). Thank you for your support, on behalf of myself and all of the other recipients here. Have a good day. Sincerely, Lawrence A. Olea" (9/22/2014)
Video: World Wood Day 2014
- Washington, D.C. thanks to Mike Hou and the World Wood Foundation. (TRT 2:50) Watch. Learn more.