The American Woodturner journal is dedicated to providing education, information, and organization to those interested in woodturning.
- A subscription to the journal is included with a regular AAW membership.
- Purchase back issues - either hard copies or on CD.
- Download a complete index of AW journal articles, going back to 1986 (last updated on Nov 30, 2013).
- Here's a helpful video how to search the index.
- Suspended Forms, December 2010, by Neil Scobie
- Oh, Canada - Laser Cut Design, Spring 2006, by Richard Kleinhenz
- Spherical Box, Winter 2005, by Christian Delhon
- Pepper Mill - It's a New Grind, Spring 2004, by Nick Cook
- Heirlooms in the Making - Turned Baby Rattles, Fall 2004, by Nick Cook
Downloadable Supplemental Materials
- Bowl savers comparison chart
- Metric version of the lathe comparison chart - "Dream Machine," p. 21.
- The slideshow - "Transitional Segmented Vessels," by Jim Rodgers.
- Tips for Online Wood Purchases - "Turning to the Internet," by Joe Fleming, p. 54
"Build Your Own Rose Engine Lathe," by Jon Magill, p. 52
- Comprehensive set of instructions for building your own Rose Engine Lathe
- Introduction and Overview (pdf) - 3 pages
- Rose Engine Construction Instructions (pdf) - 11 pages
- Rose Engine Detailed Drawings (pdf) - 13 pages
- 3 versions of a video showing Rose Engine Lathe in operation
- WMV (Windows Media Player) file format (31mb)
- MOV (Apple Quick Time) file format (50mb)
- MOV file without music (6mb)
- "Inspiration for the Soul," p. 18
- "Professionally Thinking,” by John Jordan, p. 15
- "Symposium Tips for First-time Attendees," p. 8
- "Sheffield," by Nick Cook, page 28
- "Segmented Turning School," by Jim Rodgers, p. 58
- "Pack Your Bags!" reprint
- Quick Start Segmenting Project, by Jim Rodgers
- Cutting Summary
- Quick Start Drawing
- Tablesaw Segment Cutting Sled Plans