Woodturning FUNdamentals provides resources for basic skills & techniques, published every other month, alternating with issues of the American Woodturner journal.
- Encourage and assist members of the woodturning community in the development of their skills.
- Provide a source for starting and developing woodturning skills.
- Provide reference for equipment.
- Provide woodturning safety information.
Woodturning FUNdamentals puts out an electronic newsletter every other month.
Who should register for the Woodturning FUNdamentals resources?
- Any AAW member who is interested in being informed about woodturning and skill building. Register.
- Become a member of the AAW.
- Submit a question to the Woodturning FUNdamentals Q&A. Please check the Q&A section of the newsletter to see if your email has been featured and answered.
"Any illustration or description of techniques and safety guidelines described in this publication cannot be relied upon to guarantee protection against personal injury."
Safety is YOUR responsibility. An accident at the lathe can happen with blinding suddenness. Respiratory and other problems can build over years. Take appropriate cautions when you turn. Following safety guidelines will help you continue to enjoy woodturning for many years to come.