Thank you for attending Woodturner Fundamentals LIVE! The event has ended.
Replay access for three months: Registered attendees receive online replays for an extended period of three months!
You will receive an email with the replay links in the next week. You will need to sign in with your AAW username and password for access.
Congratulations to the winners of the drawings, and a huge thank you to our donors, and to emcee Cindy Drozda!
Robert Holladay from Shreveport, LA Jet 1221VS 12'' x 21'' Variable Speed Lathe | Avi Schwartz from Grayslake, IL Crown Tools 4 Piece Set | Mike Mitchell from Surprise, AZ One-year AAW membership and AAW smock | Richard Jones from Casa Grande, AZ Easy Wood 3 Piece Set | Rex Caraway from Peyton, CO AAW Louisville Symposium registration | Steve Emery from Stanwood, WA Nova Lite 4-Jaw Chuck
Join us online October 15 & 16, from noon to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, for two days of instruction tailored to beginner and intermediate woodturners. Our instructors will focus on foundational skills by teaching the basics and refining fundamentals through projects.
All new "Best of the Basics"!
- All new content.
- Learn from experienced instructors.
- Select from three concurrent learning tracks each day. Each includes thorough instruction on tools, techniques, and skill level appropriate projects.
- Understand and review terms, concepts, and basic techniques.
- Hear about safety practices and equipment.
- Build a solid a foundation for future woodturning endeavors.
- Experience a mix of small beginner’s projects and multi-step projects that incorporate new turning skills.
- Engage and ask questions via Chat – similar to an online webinar.
- Learn to turn using proven techniques and overcome current frustrations to woodturning!
- Helen Bailey
- Ernie Conover
- Keith Gotschall
- Rudolph Lopez
- Jim Rodgers
- Malcolm Tibbetts
There will be three learning tracks running simultaneously (concurrently) each day. Instructors will use a combination of live teaching, pre-recorded video, and PowerPoint to illustrate techniques.
Who should attend?
- Beginner woodturners.
- Early intermediate turners who want to brush up on the basics.
- Turners who want to strengthen or refresh foundational woodturning skills.
- Experienced turners who want to try new techniques!
- Jet 1221VS 12'' x 21'' Variable Speed Lathe
- Crown Tools 4 Piece Set
- Easy Wood 3 Piece Set
- Nova Lite 4-Jaw Chuck
- AAW Smock
- AAW Louisville Symposium registration
- AAW Annual Membership
- $34 for AAW members, $55 all others
- Registration is open through October 16, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Confirmation/Receipt and Event Link
- After registering, you will receive a receipt/confirmation by email.
- A link to the event will be sent by email approximately 24-hours prior to the event.
- Registration includes online replay of the sessions for an extended period of three months!
- Registered attendees will be provided information and links via email when the replays are available for viewing and will need to sign in with their username and password for access.
Online Event Platform
This online event is hosted on a new event platform. For the best experience we recommend:
- Using a desktop computer without other applications running.
- Adequate, uninterrupted Internet signal and speed.