Financial Grants Application
AAW’s Financial Grants offers grant funding to selected applicants for woodturning education. The funds available are thanks to the generosity of donors, and buyers who have supported our annual symposium auctions. The grants cover expenses such as tuition, registration, demonstrator fees, travel, lodging/meals, outreach, educational programs, equipment, and other projects encouraging and supporting education and furtherance of woodturning endeavors.
Purpose of the program
- Provide educational opportunities that expand and enrich the entire woodturning community.
- Provide ways that woodturning skills may be shared with local chapters, the community, schools, and others
- Create opportunities for woodturners who would otherwise not be financially able
- Individual - $1,000 maximum (may reapply five years after last award)
- Student (full-time, under age 25) - $1,000 maximum, (may reapply every two years)
- Chapter - $1,500 maximum, (may reapply every year)
- Other (school, non-profit group, etc.) - $1,500 maximum, (may reapply every year)
Recipients of grants will be given one year from the grant award date to use the funds for the intended purpose. When the project or event has been completed, grantees will be required to submit a report to the AAW describing how the funds were utilized and the way it helped advance the AAW mission.
When grants are awarded a contract will be sent outlining the reporting requirements. All US organizations and citizens, will be required to send a completed W-9 form to [email protected]. Click here for a W-9 form.