The annual AAW symposium is the highlight of the woodturning year, meeting in different locations throughout the United States. It has become the most attended woodturning event worldwide.
Each symposium features three days of woodturning demonstrations and meetings, led by several talented experts:
- Internationally known woodturners
- The highest quality woodturning instructors
- Knowledgeable local talent
Multiple rotations are held simultaneously so attendees have many different types and styles of woodturning demonstrations available. Many of the demonstrations are held multiple times so the attendee has the opportunity to attend sessions they may have missed.
Each symposium has had a unique flavor, but most of them have the following features:
- A rotation schedule of more than 100 classroom-type demonstrations and panel discussions, hosted by the world's best woodturning professionals.
- An instant gallery like no other on earth, with up to three pieces submitted by each attendee.
- A Saturday night banquet.
- The Friday Special Interest Night, where like-minded turners get together for some fun.
- An auction of tools, wood, and fine woodturnings. Funds from the auction fund scholarships for woodturning education.
- The largest woodturning tradeshow anywhere, including tool and lathe manufacturers, vendors of wood and other materials, and suppliers related to woodturning.
Learn about how annual symposium sites are selected.