This page features links and resources to assist turners with challenges. Submit a resource.
Accessible Lathe Manual
Download the Accessible Lathe Manual.
A moderated discussion board for topics related to and about the Woodturning Beyond Barriers Program.
All links open in a new window.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB) – national organization for people who are blind.
- American Foundation for the Blind – national organization for the blind. It has many resources for those who are blind.
- Hadley School for the Blind – educational organization for those who are blind. They have a blind woodworker group.
- Learning Ally – national organization designed to provide accessible books for educational purposes. They have books about woodturning.
- Minnesota Woodturners - The Minnesota Woodturners Association (MWA) is located in the twin cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul MN. It fosters and encourages a wider understanding and appreciation of woodturning as a craft and art form, both traditional and contemporary, among the general public, hobbyists, and professional woodturners and educates the general public and MWA members in the art and techniques of woodturning. MWA meeting locations and dates are posted on the MWA calendar page. Meetings start at 6:30p and usually run until 9p. Visitors always are welcome at the meetings. People with common interests have a way of finding one another. They meet, socialize, have meals together, and - most importantly - share information.
- National Braille Press - materials for those who are blind.
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB) - national organization of people who are blind.
- St. Paul metro area woodturning gallery.
- St. Paul metro area woodturning instructors