Role of Chapter Officers and/or Committee
- The Nominating Committee prepares a slate of qualified candidates for the elected offices/positions in the chapter.
- In conjunction with the chapter executive board, establishes candidate qualifications. Regularly asks the full board to submit the names of good candidate prospects.
- Advertises vacancies at chapter meetings on the website and newsletter. States the position, the length of term, qualifications for the position, the time commitment, and the date the nominations close.
- Verifies candidates' eligibility for office. Reviews all material submitted by each candidate and conduct interviews.
- Prepares a slate of candidates and presents the slate to the chapter executive board.
- Prepares the ballot for distribution to the membership at the chapter meeting.
- Compiles results of voting and announces results to membership. Coordinates with communications officer the submission of the new officers slate to AAW headquarters. (See the bottom of this page for the submission form.)
- Prepare an annual report to the chapter executive board regarding nominating committee responsibilities and activities.
Submit Chapter Officer Updates Below