Call for Entries - "Rising"
The AAW is accepting entries for "Rising," the juried exhibit of the 2014 International Symposium to be held in Phoenix AZ on June 13-15, 2014. Entries will be accepted online from November 1, 2013, until February 3, 2014. All applicants will receive email notification by March 31, 2014.
Entry Fee - $30 for up to three pieces. AAW members may submit up to three pieces, but no more than one piece per artist will be accepted for the exhibition. Not an AAW member? Join today, then come back and upload your submission for "Rising."
- Work must be created at least in part on the lathe.
- Work must have been created in the past 24 months.
- There is no size limit, but only a few oversized pieces will be accepted because of space and shipping limitations. Oversized is defined as shipping in a box that exceeds 108" (207 cm) in overall dimension (2 × width + 2 × depth + length).
- The symposium venue does not accommodate wall-hung pieces.
- An artist statement describing how the piece fits the theme is required. Entries may be edited for length and clarity.
- You may upload up to three images per piece. Include one view of the overall piece. Additional detail images or alternate views are optional.
- Uploaded images must be in JPG format and 2100 pixels on the longest side. Image Resizing Guide
- A full-color exhibition catalog will be available. Artists whose entries are selected will receive a complimentary catalog.
- Shipping or delivery to the Arizona venue is the artist’s responsibility. The AAW will pay return shipping fees. Work will be insured while in the exhibition and during return shipping.
Tib Shaw, 651-484-9094