Do you have a non-turner spouse, partner or adult guest who is interested in participating in activities while you attend symposium rotations and demonstrations?
We are excited about the 2016 AAW Craft Room/Companion Program and will be able to offer attendees an outstanding variety of activities. There will be a mix of tours, demonstrations, lectures, and hands-on classes.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged!
Because of the materials required for some projects, there may be participant limitations for some classes. However, all others are welcome to observe.
Craft Room demonstrations and hands-on topics are listed below.
All payments for craft room classes material fees are payable by check or cash to the instructor on the day of the class.
Scroll down or click here to view the current Craft Room schedule.
Scroll down or click here to register for Craft Room classes.
Volunteering during the symposium can be a very enjoyable and rewarding pastime for many visitors. Significant others are encouraged to give a few hours of their time.
Shopping Experience at the Apparel Mart
Friday, June 10, 2016, 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Shopping for Apparel Mart only, America's Mart Building 3 only. Showrooms are located on floors 6-13.
- Your AAW Badge must be presented for entry. Please be sure your AAW badge is visible at all times.
- Some showrooms may have minimum amounts for credit card purchases.
An “Open Daily” guide available at the AmericasMart Registration Desk, Building 3 - 2nd Floor.
- Dining: The Market Café, 1st floor, is open for lunch 11:30am to 2:30pm; Starbucks 8:00am to 3:30pm; Deli by Design, 7th floor, 11:30am - 2:30pm
There are six attractions just a short walk from the Westin Peachtree Hotel and the Americas Mart.
- World of Coca-Cola
- Georgia Aquarium
- CNN Studio
- Center for Civil and Human Rights
- College Football Hall of Fame
- Centennial Opympic Park & Skyview Ferris Wheel
Click here for descriptions and a map.
The Peachtree Trolley
An enclosed and fully climate-controlled 90-minute riding tour with park bench seating where you learn about the “Must-Sees” of Atlanta.
Click here for more information.