Transportation from the Airport
SuperShuttle: One-way fare between the airport and Downtown is about $27. Reservations can be made online at supershuttle.com or call 800-258-3826. After claiming luggage, proceed to the SuperShuttle customer service counter located on the baggage claim level by the rental car area near Door 4.
Taxi: One-way fare between Pittsburgh International Airport and Downtown is about $40. Upon arrival at the airport, proceed to the landside terminal, lower level, exit through the "commercial" doors and head toward the taxi stand area on the curb where cabs are waiting. Checker Cab (412) 664-5600 -- People's Cab (412) 441-3200 -- Yellow Cab (412) 321-8100
Bus: Port Authority Transit 28X Airport Flyer: One-way between the airport and Downtown is $3.25. (Note: Exact change is required.) Passengers are responsible for handling their bags when getting on and off the vehicle. Tipping the bus driver is not permitted.
Parking & Ground Transportation
Shipping & Receiving
Receiving: You may ship boxes to UPS for the Instant Gallery, etc. After June 22nd, packages for the AAW Symposium can be sent to The UPS Store at 4885 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 and can be picked up at the Registration Desk at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center after 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 25th. ID required for pick up. Click here for form/instructions.
Shipping: The UPS Store will be available in the Trade Show at Booth 123 to ship your purchases home.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
500 Mansfield Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Request AAW room block for group rates through June 20.
- AAW Group Rates: Standard king or (2) double beds $140 through June 20.
- 3 miles from downtown.
- Complimentary parking and airport shuttle.
- Complimentary guest room Internet access.
- Non-refundable deposit of $159.60 required at time of reservation.
Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
112 Washington Place Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Request AAW room block for group rates.
- Phone: 800-228-9290 or 412-471-4000
- AAW Group Rates: Standard king or (2) double beds $156
- Located 8-blocks from the Convention Center
- AAW's shuttle service available to/from Convention Center
530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Phone: 800-843-6664 and mention American Association of Woodturners 2015 Symposium
- AAW Group Rates: Standard king or (2) double beds $145
- Complimentary wireless Internet in all guest rooms (must sign up for Omni Select Guest Program)
- Shuttle service available
- 10-minute walk to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- 1000 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Phone: 888-627-7053 toll free or 412-281-3700 local
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Shuttle service between the Omni William Penn Hotel, the Marriott City Center Hotel and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center will be available to the AAW symposium guests during our June weekend event. (There will also be pick up service from the Society for Contemporary Craft at 4:30 p.m. Thursday with a drop off at the Convention Center.)
Watch for the yellow buses at the south entrance of the Convention Center. Shuttle service will start at the Omni Hotel on Thursday at 3 p.m. The last pick up will be a 9 p.m. at the Convention Center.
Friday and Saturday shuttle service starts at 7:30 a.m. and loops until 10 a.m., and again from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Sunday service will be from 7:30 a.m. until 9a.m., and again on the hour from noon to 4:30 p.m.
For a complete schedule please check our on-site signs.
Sunday, June 28, 2014, Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Atlanta Braves
- Time: 1:35PM
- Price: Group Tickets are $22 each & include a Pirates cap
- Seating: Upper Level/Grandstand Sections 301-333 Stadium seating chart.
- Location: PNC Park. Just a 14-minute walk from the Convention Center! Directions.
See the work of renowned wood artists including, Trent Bosch, Christian Burchard, Sharon Doughtie, David Ellsworth, Harvey Fein, J. Paul Fennell, Dewey Garrett, Michelle Holzapfel, William Hunter, John Jordan, Ron Layport, Alain Mailland, Matt Moulthrop, Philip Moulthrop, Dale Nish, Rude Osolnik, Bob Stocksdale, Jacques Vesery, Hans Weissflog, and more. (Closed Tuesdays) Learn more.
Attractions & Restaurants
Please Note: These links below are for informational purposes only.
Room & Ride Share
If you are interested in sharing a ride to Pittsburgh or a hotel room, you may sign up (during the registration process) to be notified about others who are interested in a room or ride share.