NEWS: 2015 EOG Grant Award Recipients Announced
Friday, March 13, 2015
The American Association of Woodturners (AAW) Board of Directors and the Educational Opportunity Grant (EOG) Committee are pleased to announce 2015 EOG grant award recipients.
The bulk of EOG grant funds awarded annually are derived from the proceeds of benefit auctions held during each AAW Annual International Symposium. Grant monies are to be used by recipients for educational purposes such as tuition, registration, demonstrators' fees, travel, lodging, and meals.
A total of 93 applications were reviewed and 19 grant applications were approved in the amount of $22,644.
2015 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- Barnesville Woodturners, Griffin, GA
- Bay Lake Woodturners c/o Tom Carlson, Forestville, WI
- Chapel Hill Woodturners, Chapel Hill, NC
- Chicago Woodturners, Mount Prospect, IL
- Corydon Central High School, Corydon, IN
- Grey-Bruce Woodturners Guild, Wiarton, ON
- Indiana County Woodturners Association (PA), Punxsutawney, PA
- Minnesota Woodturners Association, North Oaks, MN
- Northwest Oklahoma Woodturners Association, Enid, OK
- South Saskatchewan Woodturners Guild, Regina, SK
- The Kansas City Woodturners, Westwood, KS
- Western New York Woodturners 1, North Tonawanda, NY
- Alfred Sharp, Woodbury, TN
- Mike Kirshbaum, West Islip, NY
Schools & Other
- Byron Bergen Central School, Bergen, NY
- Eagle Ranch School, Chestnut Mountain, GA
- Roosevelt Junior High School, Roosevelt, UT
- San Diego Woodturners - "Turn around for Vets" , San Diego, CA
- Weiser High School, Weiser, ID
The EOG grant program provides funding for educational opportunities that expand and enrich the entire woodturning community - and creates opportunities for members who would otherwise not be financially able. Additionally, it allows AAW members to benefit from their own fundraising efforts and support, as well as offers ways that woodturning skills may be shared with local chapters, seminars, schools, and friends. The EOG grant program helps to create a full-circle relationship of AAW working for and with its members and chapters.
The application process for 2016 grants will open in October and applications will be accepted through December 31, 2015.