Tips and instructions for navigating the AAW Connects Map
- Our new AAW Connects map is structured in layers. The list of layers is displayed in the upper left corner.
- Each layer represents a category, each with its own pin icon and color.
- By selecting (with a checkmark) one category layer only, you can view only that location pinned for the selected category.
- By selecting (with checkmarks) multiple categories, you can view locations pinned for all of the selected categories.
The pin icons are too close together and I can’t see under them. What do I do?
You can zoom in/out on the map (enlarge or diminish) using the plus "+" and minus "-" signs in lower right corner of your screen until the map is big enough to see around the icons.
How do I move around on the map?
Click anywhere on the map and drag the "hand" icon (mouse/cursor) to the area you want to search, then enlarge or zoom in/out as necessary. (The location of the "hand" icon is dependent on your mouse/cursor.)
How do I get detailed information for the location under a pin?
Click on a pin icon and you will find additional information including location, website, contact, etc.
I will be vacationing in the Phoenix area. How can I find a chapter there?
- Check the layer for AAW Local Chapters and then enter “local chapters in the Phoenix, AZ area” in the Search Box. It will take you to the chapters in that area and the information about them. You may wish to expand the map for easier viewing.
How do I add a chapter event, woodturning program, school, etc. to the AAW Connects map?
- Just go to this link http://aaw.site-ym.com/?page=CalendarSubmissions and enter the event, several months early, if possible.
- The event will be updated on AAW Connects Map and on the AAW website, and sent to our American Woodturner journal editor.
My chapter meets at a new location. How do I move the AAW Connects map pin?
- Your meeting location will be updated on AAW Connects Map and on the AAW website.