The application period is now closed.
Educational Opportunity Grant Application
To be eligible for a 2017 grant, applications must be received by December 31, 2016.
The committee will not consider applications that are incomplete or vague, so please take care when applying.
The following tips will help you with your application:
- Complete the application online. Only online applications will be accepted. Submit well before the deadline!
- Provide sufficient information so EOG committee members can clearly understand what you are requesting and how you intend to use the funds.
Please submit only one grant application per individual or organization. If you submitted a grant application for a lathe and you or your organization is not selected to receive a lathe, then your application will be converted to a monetary grant request and scored with the other applications in that category.
Be concise; make your points directly and clearly.
- Include details of how you will use the funds. Specific needs should be itemized. Funds will not be granted for miscellaneous, incidental, or unspecified expenses.
- Explain your educational goal or experience you wish to obtain. Keep in mind these grants are intended for educational purposes. In particular, explain how others will benefit as well.
- Sample grant applications:
We do not recommend that you compose and type your answers directly into the online grant application form. Instead, we recommend that you review the questions, as well as compose and edit the answers for your grant application separately prior to input to the online application form.This technique is especially helpful for the longer, narrative sections of the application and enables you to easily review and edit your answers. Once you have composed your answers separately, you may then simply "paste" the text into the grant application form. You'll be happier with your responses and have a record of what you submitted for future reference.
If you have questions, contact Denis Delehanty, EOG committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 877-595-9094 or 651-484-9094 (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or email@example.com.